From the list below, select the ONE essential question that best applies to your book's time period, conflict and characters. This question will guide your reading, research and writing for the unit.
- How does adversity lead to change?
- What is community and what are the individual’s responsibility to the community as well as the community’s responsibility to the individual?
- To what extent does power or the lack of power affect individuals?
- What are the benefits and consequences of questioning/ challenging authority?
- What are the causes and consequences of prejudice and injustices, and how does an individual’s response to them reveal his/her character?
- When a person’s individual choices are in direct conflict with laws of society, what are the consequences?